Thursday, January 3, 2008

So far so good.

Day 3 of keeping up with my resolutions. I came home today in search of finding ways to create catchlights in the house other than using the window during daytime. So, I put on a show for Aiden and reflected the EF off of the tv. He was not as excited to participate as he was the other day, but he at least GLANCED at the camera for a moment for me to snap the shot!

I have a lot to learn with this EF. I have no idea what TTL(?) is and how to change the settings and what they even mean. That is my goal for next week! At least Saturday I have my photography Advanced 1 class! Yippee!

I also realize now that sometimes I snap the picture when it is not fully focused simply because I WANT THE SHOT. I get a lot of these. I need to learn how to correct the problem. I think that is why I get so many "soft" faces of him. These two are ok. The first is spot on with exposure and clarity. The second is a little soft (and has a little blue cast). They are all SOOC.

Picture 3: This picture would have been SO GREAT if I had just waited to make sure it was in focus. It is just so rare that he actually looks at me AND smiles, I get ahead of myself. =( Oh, and he wasn't crying-he has a clogged tear duct. Poor baby has had it probed twice and needs a third operation.
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah you are gonna have a love/hate relationship with that ef for a little while...then just a love love...kinda like getting your first dslr!

Jill said...

Awww how CUTE !!! Practice makes perfect so keep shooting :)