Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Lone Leaf.

Ok this may seem like a silly post, but I've been looking at this leaf for weeks and the lawn men haven't discovered it yet. On the walkway to my house there are nothing but bare trees and bushes. For some reason this ONE little orange and yellow leaf has fallen from the trees, has made it through all of the leaf sweeps. It is tucked every so perfectly under this dead bush and remains there day after day. I actually noticed it before Christmas because it sticks out like a sore thumb. I decided to take a picture of it because it deserves some recognition for its plight to remain strong through the crappy weather! It is so bright and pretty. Such a great reminder of how cold and stark the neighborhood is right now.

I can't wait until spring when the pretty colors emerge and I can go outside to photograph the new flowers! Until now, I enjoy seeing how long this pretty little leaf will remain under the bush in hiding!

5 comments:

Cristal said...

Very cool!

Jill said...

How funny is that, reminds me of the Land Before Time...LOL !!!

Laurel Bay Stables said...

Jamie, you are the dang 366 cops! Neat pic btw :)

Sarah said...

Neat picture!

Heather said...

aww how lonely he must be. LOL!! pretty cool pic.