Sunday, January 13, 2008

Self Portrait.

The artist emerges. haha Actually, there is nothing I really hate more than having my picture taken. I guess because in the past few years I haven't really seen any pictures of myself that I thought were good, except from my wedding. So, it is difficult for me to actually take a picture of myself. But, I got my hair cut and wanted to share the new "do."

Yesterday I decided to get my hair cut after 8 1/2 months. Yah, I was due. The hairdresser always asks the initial "So, when was the last time you had your hair cut?" question and it was quite embarrassing to have to explain that I just don't make any time for myself and usually my hair is neglected. I rarely wear it down because it is so thick and heavy. She was young and hip (wow, I sound old) and said that she would really "take the weight off" which should have been a warning sign. It is very "stylish" but I am not usually "that girl." So it is going to take some getting used to. TJ really likes it, so that is what is helping me! He says "wow, you are so trendy lately with your glasses, new outfits, photography thing, and now hair!" It was so cute of him to reassure me. He always does his best to tell me how pretty he thinks I am when I am unsure of myself.

It is really layered, light, and wispy. I am getting used to it now but on the ride home I was a little scared of my reflection in the rear view mirror. It should hopefully be long enough to wear back, in the mean time-it looks adorable until I wash it!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love looking at self portraits. I really need to try one with my new camera.

Heather said...

Looks great! I will be chopping my hair off as well in the next few days. Don't feel bad, it has been a good 8 months since I have been as well!

{*jamie*} said...

Cute haircut! I hardly ever get mine cut either.