Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Sick.

Today TJ, Aiden and I all feel crappy. But, as part of my New Year's Resolution I had to get up and work on getting my catchlights!

So, after laying in bed for half of the day and being served breakfast at 2pm I decided to pull myself together and bug my kid with the camera!

He has been dying to play with his Aquadoodle all day so I let him go at it. I opened the window shade in the living room and played with my new 50!

Once he sees the camera he usually runs the other way and won't even look at me until the camera is safely back in the bag. But today because I was standing on chairs above him, he was a bit enthused.

So, here is my first capture of catchlights. His eyes look so beautiful. These are both SOOC with a slight USM for web.

I wish I had shifted down a little so you could see his arms holding the pen. But, I got what I wanted initially which was to show off his beautiful blue eyes without the pinlights from the flash. Settings were: ISO 100, SS 200, f 1.8 (EF fired)

This one is a little soft in the face too, but the idea was there. I love his expression, but wish I had gotten his whole body in the frame. Same settings as above.







I still can't believe how red his hair looks in some shots! The Irish is coming out!!

1 comment:

Rachel D. said...

What beautiful blues!

My girls have a bit of Irish red in their hair too that sometimes surprises me in pictures.