Friday, January 18, 2008

First REAL event.

So tonight I attended my first "event" to photograph. I went with Berkan to a corporate party with a lot of very friendly individuals that, by the end of the night were sick of my camera. I am finally feeling like I am learning enough to take great pictures. It was a wonderful experience to be able to ask Berkan exactly what I needed to obtain a great shot. I used my 18-135mm with EF (and new Stofen) for most of the night. I did use my 50mm 1.8 to shoot a few dessert shots, which ended up being my favorite shots of the night (go figure). I mean, people are great and all....but dessert shots are what people really care about! haha

This first one has GREAT BOKEH! It is really my favorite, mainly because of the clarity and ROT. I am going to use it for my lesson 1 assignment!

7 comments:

Selena said...

These are all WONDERFUL shots! #1 is really creative & my fave!

Meghan said...

Oooh, yum!! I want to eat #1! It really sounds like so much fun to shadow a photographer and pick their brain all night. :)

Twinky!!! said...

That looks so yummy!

Lisa B said...

That must have been so much fun! I'm glad you got the opportunity to go. Nice shots!

Candace Wilson said...

mmmm.... Those pictures are not good for my waistline :p

Great shots!!

{*jamie*} said...

Awesome pics! I could eat #1 too!

Dave Mercer Digital Storm Photography said...

Love the pics. I did notice where you had talked about not posting any people shots because of lack of model release (in so many words I mean) and wanted to comment that you as a photographer have rights too. I'm not saying it applies here but just because you have photos with people doesn't mean you have to secure a release 24/7. Editorial use like this I believe is one sure case where you would not. If you are making a monetary gain or using it to cause harm to the persons then it is required. My two cents anyhow, I just see too many people trying to be politically correct and not protecting their own rights and that of other photographers.